We love partnerships here at Boise Brewing; especially those involving food! We like to partner up with our friends at Caboose Spices to find new and fun ways of cooking with our beer. Here is a recipe they created using our Dark Daisy Chocolate Milk stout to make an amazing Beer-Cheesecake!
DARK DAISY CHEESECAKE WITH THREE KINGS
FOR THE CRUST
- 24 Nilla wafers
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, broken in half to measure
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 cup Dark Daisy Chocolate Milk Stout from Boise Brewing
- 3 8 oz. bricks of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup flour
FOR THE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- ½ cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tsp shortening (do not use butter, margarine or other oil)
- ½ tsp Three Kings Smoky+Spicy+Sweet Blend
MAKE AND BAKE THE CRUST
- Place a rack at the middle position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375’. Lightly grease a 9” springform pan.
- Place the broken pretzels and nilla wafers in a food processor. Blend until the ingredients begin to resemble crumbs. Add brown sugar and melted butter, blend until thoroughly mixed. Press into the bottom of the greased pan and about 1” up the side.
- Bake the crust for 10 – 15 minutes, until it begins to brown. Remove it from the oven and reduce the heat to 325°F.
MAKE THE FILLING, ASSEMBLE, AND BAKE
- While the crust bakes, add the cream cheese, sugar, salt and baking powder together in your stand mixer. Mix on low speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl between each addition.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the Boise Brewing Dark Daisy Chocolate Milk Stout and then sprinkle in the flour. Blend until smooth. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 300°F. and cook for an additional 10 – 15 minutes. A digital thermometer should read 170’ inserted 2 inches from the edge of the pan. The center will still jiggle.
- Turn off the oven, crack the door and let the cake cool for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 6 hours.
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE SAUCE
- Combine the chocolate chips, shortening and Three Kings spice blend in a microwave safe dish.
- Melt in the microwave oven for 30 seconds on high power, stir. Then cook on high power 15 seconds at a time, stirring between each cycle until chocolate is smooth. Let mixture cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a fork or cake decorating pastry bag to drizzle the sauce over the cooled cheesecake. Add to one piece at a time or the entire cake. You can practice on a piece of foil or parchment paper.
FEATURED SEASONING: THREE KINGS SMOKY+SPICY+SWEET
Buy Caboose Spices here & get 15% off!
Use this link: http://flyt.it/boisebrewing for an automatic discount!